Friendship

Friendship
You come to me, You say you need me
You cry for me, You say you can't live without me
I see the intensity in your eyes
I see you sizzle with passion
I see the wanton desire
I see the careless craving

You want to move mountains
You want to build castles
You want to clear the seas
You want to lay the roads
All that, you implore, is to make me the Queen

It feels great to be loved,
To be cherished and cared for
But, my love, my friend, in life there is more
You can share my essence
But you can't have it all
For it is not yours to take
Just as it is not mine to give

Let me tell you this little life secret
Today I am the space between your words,
Tomorrow you will get busy,
and I'll become the comma in your sentences,
Though few in number, maybe you'll pause longer
That day is not too far, we both know deep inside,
there will be a time for the full stop.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing lasts forever.
    Which may not be all bad.
    We move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is the contemplation today. Impermanence.

      Delete